Pavilion Youth Theatre
Pavilion Youth Theatre is a dynamic youth theatre open to all young people aged 6 – 18 years, giving each member the opportunity to develop their artistic creativity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Saturday workshops take place at Bournemouth Pavilion, led by experienced, professional theatre practitioners.
PYT is a youth theatre with a difference, we are all about acting. We place a great emphasis on the importance of the ensemble and aim to develop a diverse range of drama skills whilst encouraging self-expression, confidence and team work.
Here’s a little taste of some of the skills a PYT sessions would cover:
- Mask work
- Movement skills
- Devised theatre
- Vocal technique
- Script work
What are the benefits of being a PYT member?
When you join PYT your involvement goes far beyond the weekly workshop sessions as we invest in all areas of your personal and artistic development:
- Personal development: through our classes, members are provided with a safe and supportive environment to build their confidence and self-esteem.
- Creative learning: members are taught a variety of performance skills by professional theatre practitioners who have knowledge and understanding of the industry. Members are encouraged to broaden their creative ideas through experimenting with different theatrical styles and techniques.
- Social progression: through our ensemble approach members develop their ability to compromise, lead and participate, relate and understand other people as well as make new friends
- Transferrable skills and skills for life: we aim to enrich students’ lives with experiences and skills that will support them throughout their lives. We provide opportunities for them to explore and develop their own views and opinions on the world in which we live, equipping them with a range of tools that will enable them to flourish in their school and hopefully working life
- All members are able to receive help with auditions, career advice and mentorship
- PYT have access to facilities of a full working theatre at the Pavilion and the BIC
- As an Arts Award accredited organisation, students have the opportunity to complete a Bronze and Silver Arts Award
- Members receive regular newsletters with the latest PYT news as well as Pavilion Theatre information on forthcoming shows and events
All members of PYT are given performance opportunities throughout the year. As well as our yearly production at Bournemouth Pavilion, we like to end each term with a sharing of devised work.
PYT is open to everyone from beginners to experienced performers! No auditions necessary, we even offer a FREE taster session to ensure that PYT is the right place for you.
PRICE: £113 per term (12 sessions)
HOW TO BOOK?
For more information or to book your FREE TASTER SESSION, call 01202 055689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your place go to www.bhlivetickets.co.uk/pyt or call 0844 576 3000 (Calls cost 7p per minute plus your telephone provider's access charge)
Autumn/Winter Term: 15 September 2018 - 8 December 2018
*No session 27th October (half term)
Spring Term: 5 January 2019 - 30 March 2019
*No session 23rd February (half term)
Summer Term: 27 April 2019 – 20 July 2019
*No session 1st June (half term)
Saturdays during term time:
6 - 9 Years - 9.30am-11am
10 -13 Years - 11.30am-1pm
14 - 18 Years - 1.30pm-3pm